Unified Moms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stupid movie theater service will be hearing from their corporate from me

4 posters

Go down

stupid movie theater service will be hearing from their corporate from me Empty stupid movie theater service will be hearing from their corporate from me

Post  ellochka Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:46 pm

I will be contacting quite a few corporate offices that deal with UA Sheepshead Bay 14 in Brooklyn, NY due to unprofessional behavior with their customers

well, we bought tickets to Avatar 3D 3 hrs in advance through fandango. Wehn we came to the theater all the seats were taken and the rows of stairs next to the seats had people sitting on them . I asked the person working there to find us seats since we have tickets. The guard came and didn't find any, and left. They offered to give us money back, make us watch another movie instead and see this one another time at their theater. I came to see this movie at this time ,they oversold the tickets and now were offering to us to leave. The two of us said no, and sat down on the stairs with others. About 3rd through the movie, the same guard came again and told us to leave the theater, telling us to get off the stairs. We asked them to provide us with seats and he pointed and yelled that there are PLENTY of FREE seats. (remember he checked himself there weren't any before). He didn't check if they were taken and of course they were by someone who got up to the bathroom. Then the people in the next row, which is the first row at the screen where you can't see a thing where we sat down and watched the movie with our necks up at 180 degrees turning at each shot since you can't view the movie from there.

Considering that I hardly have time to get out to go anywhere, especially the movies we had put Gracie to sleep early and had my mom stay with her in her house, while we were visiting Brooklyn, NY , remember we live in northern NJ (which is about 1.5hrs away by car).

I am going to complain to the local management, the corporate, the UA and the Regal Cinema, as well as Fandango where I purchased the tickets.

ellochka
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

stupid movie theater service will be hearing from their corporate from me Empty Re: stupid movie theater service will be hearing from their corporate from me

Post  Admin Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:54 am

oh man i would SO be having a fit with them!! What a hassle, especially when you are trying to get out wiht out kids!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://unifiedmoms.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

stupid movie theater service will be hearing from their corporate from me Empty Re: stupid movie theater service will be hearing from their corporate from me

Post  sexyshareefa Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:40 pm

yeah i 'd throw a fit as well. have u check to see if they are members of your bbb

sexyshareefa
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  ellochka Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:16 pm

so here is a formulated complaint letter but I have to redo it, this is just a draft which will have to be fixed from in grammar and everything with names of people I'll be sending to listed in the CC's

------------------
CC: UA management of (the local management guy),UA corporate president ( I think Tom Cruise it said); President of Regal Cinema; Avatar studio creators (not sure yet who there to get a hold of in the letter); Fandango.com

Dear _____ ,

My name is Ella Beylin and I would like to file a complaint against the United Artists location, Sheepshead Bay 14 in Brooklyn NY. On Saturday, January 2nd ,2010 , my husband and I attended the Avatar 3D movie showing. We were visiting Brooklyn, NY from New Jersey for the new years and had arranged babysitting arrangements for our child so my husband and I can get out for an evening to enjoy. I had purchased the tickets on Fandango.com three hours prior to the movie showing. When we got to the theater, showroom 14, the seats were all filled up with people sitting all over the stairs next to them. I asked one of the assistants in there to find us some seats. He called management and offered us money back , passes for next showing and to watch another movie meanwhile. That offer is not what we needed. We had gone through the trouble of arranging our evening for that day and we weren't going to have a chance to come back as we don't live in Brooklyn. We bought our tickets in advance and it is the theater's responsibility to provide us with the seats.

When we insisted on them finding us seats for this showing the guard went around the theater and couldn't find any seats. We decided to sit down with others on the stairs and the attendant didn't say anything letting us sit uncomfortable along the seats. About a third through the movie, the same security guard, had the indecency to come back and kick us out of the theater. There were others on the stairs who had to leave too. I had explained that we have paid tickets and are here and weren't provided seats so we sat along with others on the stairs. He yelled that there were seats available and to take those, when earlier at our request he couldn't provide us with any. He said there were seats and pointed us to the 2nd row , and left. We came there moving through all the viewer that were enjoying the movie, just to find out those seats were taken by someone who had left to the restrooms. Finally, someone in the front row freed us 2 seats from their coats and we sat down. Although the movie was in 3D and we had glasses, looking from the first row was like watching the screen glued to your eyes, no 3D effect, nothing. It was horrible and we had to move our heads every second to see what was happening on screen. About half through the movie I heard some viewers getting up and saying “Alright, we have 10 minutes left, let's leave” , obviously not being paying customers. This film cost us $16 per ticket.

We didn't go through the trouble of arranging childcare supervision and buying our tickets in advance just to get almost kicked out twice, no seats provided, and sit in the front row where you can't see what you are watching. It was a horrendous experience.

The management at this location is horrible and is responsible for us not being able to enjoy our evening out and not attempting to provide us with seats.

Tickets should not have been oversold
Knowing that a lot of people will be coming in, tickets should have been checked so no movie hoppers would get through
Paying customers should not be kicked out of the theater

ellochka
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  jerseymom Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:37 am

Ella, I think you've got a good letter to start with. How far in advance of the movie start did you arrive? If it was a pretty good lead time, say 20 mins or moref I would mention that too.
jerseymom
jerseymom
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  ellochka Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:49 pm

we came a few minutes before the film since we were running pretty tight having put Gracie to sleep and went right after that. But if they checked the tickets of people coming in then we would have had seats.

ellochka
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  sexyshareefa Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:22 pm

any news?

sexyshareefa
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  ellochka Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:26 pm

my brother didn't help me with Grammar yet , urghh, gonna make him rewrite it today.

ellochka
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  ellochka Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:56 am

I got a response from Fandango that I emailed, I asked them to keep me posted about the reply they get from Regal Corporate, as I didn't write to too many people in letter idea but I will just because
here is their reply:

----------------
Dear Ella,

Thank you for your email and taking the time to voice your concerns.

We would like to offer our apologies for the less than perfect experience you had with Fandango and our theater partner, UA Sheepshead Bay Stadium 14 & IMAX. This is not the experience moviegoers who use Fandango should have.

When ordering through Fandango, the sale is made directly through each individual theater's point of sale system. We can only sell tickets if the theater’s system indicates that seats are available. If a show does not have seats available when you arrive at the theater, then there has been an unusual operational error at the theater. Fandango is an independent company providing show time information and ticket purchasing for several theater chains throughout the country, but does not participate in their business operations.

We will be contacting UA Sheepshead Bay Stadium 14 & IMAX as well as Regal Corporate to inform them of this error and work with them to prevent similar errors from happening in the future.

A refund request for the service fee you were charged has been sent to our refunds department. Please allow 5-7 for the refund to post to be processed.

Fandango processes thousands of orders without incident and we regret that yours was one that met with difficulty. We are continuing to grow and improve, and we truly hope you will give Fandango and our theater partner, UA Sheepshead Bay Stadium 14 & IMAX, another chance to prove ourselves to you in the future.

We appreciate your understanding and we thank you for making Fandango your choice for online movie tickets.
--------------------------------

ellochka
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:08 am

cool at least they did somkething!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://unifiedmoms.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sexyshareefa Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:37 pm

woo hoo!!thats my girl!!

sexyshareefa
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  jerseymom Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:30 pm

Awesome!
jerseymom
jerseymom
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down