Unified Moms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

do people ever ask you why they should pay you for the work you did for them? what a nerve!!!!

2 posters

Go down

do people ever ask you why they should pay you for the work you did for them?  what a nerve!!!! Empty do people ever ask you why they should pay you for the work you did for them? what a nerve!!!!

Post  ellochka Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:21 am

so as you guys know I do freelance work here and there. I did a website for someone and at first it was fine whatever I did. The text I had was copied and pasted from documents. Now that the times are tough that client asked me to lower my price by 40% . I agreed. So now I did work and if you know anything about website design you'll know that there are always little things that come up here and there no matter what you do, especially if you don't hand code but use a software to make them.

So this client, when I tell her I fixed up a few things that took a while since I had to figure out what was wrong and test on different machines (lucky for her I have 3), has the audacity to ask me why they have to pay me for it if it wasn't done correctly from begining. I explained that the time would have been taken to do it either now or later.

Also, in the begining they kept telling me how everyone is complementing on the job I did for them. When I work on pages that aren't done I tell them that it isn't a good idea to put them out there unless they are done since it won't look good. I told that to her that unless the pages aren't done they shouldn't be shown to their clients. She didn't listen, and recently told me that a few clients looked at the pages and were horrified at the crap there and she was embarassed. well hello, they weren't done, of course they won't look as good as finished.

I didn't charge her for all the hours I spent because I know she is on a tight budget, I used coupons when purchasing stock photography for her site, where another person wouldn't care less, and I perfect so it is good quality and do extra stuff yet they aren't appreciating any of it, thinking I am cranking up the hours that don't exist. URGHHHH!!!!

Next time I am going to charge extra time I didn't spend and tell them I am charging 2k per website design and all. May be then they will appreciate that more, that will mean they are paying more for twice more than it normally would. I do tailored exactly to the business and not copy anyone's work or use any template for designs.

aahhhhh!!!! oh and I had about 5hrs of sleep may be the last night

ellochka
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

do people ever ask you why they should pay you for the work you did for them?  what a nerve!!!! Empty Re: do people ever ask you why they should pay you for the work you did for them? what a nerve!!!!

Post  sadler Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:12 pm

I DONT work for free! I also would of NEVER changed my price to be lower. If she cany afford it she dont get it! Its not like you go to the store and bargain with them to lower the price of milk and get it!

Set it in writting!!!
sadler
sadler
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

do people ever ask you why they should pay you for the work you did for them?  what a nerve!!!! Empty Re: do people ever ask you why they should pay you for the work you did for them? what a nerve!!!!

Post  ellochka Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:31 pm

I know, urghh but she came and paid what I said, and made a gift for my daughter so we are ok now, and actually was much nicer to me than before. I must have put my foot down LOL
also, she told me about someone who can teach me some real imoportant new stuff for free that has to do with designing.

I just had to rant, thank you Missie

ellochka
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum