Unified Moms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My mom annoys me sometimes.

+2
Admin
Jessica
6 posters

Go down

My mom annoys me sometimes. Empty My mom annoys me sometimes.

Post  Jessica Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:49 am

She told me this morning that she is going to apply for HEAP and food stamps. I'm so annoyed we don't NEED it. I asked her why. She said so we can get a decent vehicle that's safe and runs. My van just broke down. She got into an accident last winter because someone hit her but didn't get enough money to buy a car to replace the one that was totaled. Then we have my husband's care with 7 people. Ok that does suck but we are doing ok. She wants a vehicle I understand that. But she does work in the same city she lives in and it's not that far from our house. So she honestly doesn't NEED a car. She wants one. I get that! I really do. But applying for things I don't believe in doing isn't the answer. I can work.

So I told her if she thinks our house hold NEEDs more money then I will get a freakin job. I am perfectly capible of working. So we don't need public assistance. We don't even NEED the money. She is made at me cause I don't want to get a car loan I want to pay cash for a vehicle. But I pay hundreds of dollars for my kids school sports. So I have a really hard time going and applying for assistance for that reason alone. With Jadah's dance it's over a thousand a year and Corrine's ice skating is over 3,000 just for the school year not including camps and her summer ice expenses. So I just can't justify why I would have to get on assistance for that reason alone. KWIM?

I told her you get a hand up when you need it. We don't need it. I can work or find extra money. She just worries way to much! She still gets to all her doctor appointments, dental appointments and work so what's the big deal. I'm the one with all this weight and pressure on my shoulders not her. She is single finding a ride for her is easy. I'm the one with a family of 6 that can just ask for a ride KWIM?

So I am frustrated with her. She makes me worry cause I don't want to piss her off either. But I am just annoyed!

Thanks for letting me vent.

oh and PS I don't look down on people that get assitance I just morally don't think it's right for me to get it. If I was unable to provide for my kids the nessesaties I would consider but I am providing those and then some. So I just don't see where I NEED it. If we weren't here she wouldn't have a place to live. But she is always riding my butt about money. So I am just annoyed. I have it all taken care of. Sure sometimes I'm hanging by a few cents but not very often. We've never not had food to eat or electric or gas unpaid.
Jessica
Jessica
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

My mom annoys me sometimes. Empty Re: My mom annoys me sometimes.

Post  Admin Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:56 am

I think good for you...I feel the same, dont have a problem iwth it if it is needed...
As for your mom, that is hard, just because she views things differently and like you said you dont want to tick her off. (((hugs))) you will figure it out...........just be proud of who you and your family are! Know that first. Then deal with her LOL
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://unifiedmoms.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ~julz~ Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:57 am

Can you tell her you'd rather not use that resource until it was truly necessary???
~julz~
~julz~

Back to top Go down

Post  sadler Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:40 am

I am one of those people that get assistance. All of 487.00 a month in food stamps and I can tell you ladies that if I didnt get it we would not eat! Between Bobby and I we make 10.00 more a month then the bills and I dont have anything nice. Ask my sissie...I am very frugal and cant even afford diapers for landon this week. If it wasnt for his babysitter we wouldnt have wipes.
sadler
sadler
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:44 am

see but you are who we are talking about. you are OK you are not abusing.....THAT is why it is there, for those who need it like you, not those who only kinda need it cuz of wants, not cuz of needs...................
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:14 am

Admin wrote:see but you are who we are talking about. you are OK you are not abusing.....THAT is why it is there, for those who need it like you, not those who only kinda need it cuz of wants, not cuz of needs...................

exactly. Like I said before I am paying hundreds of dollars out a month for my kids sports. Those are wants not needs. And we still have food my budget is 150 a week on food. Which is plenty! I rarely spend the whole food budget actually!.

I'm not talking about families where there is someone disabled or are both working and still not making it.
Jessica
Jessica
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  ~julz~ Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:39 am

487.00 and is still required to COUPON to make it last!!!
~julz~
~julz~

Back to top Go down

Post  sexyshareefa Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:58 am

missie do u need money or diapers?

jessica...kuddos to you for putting things is a prospective that most people don't see..

sexyshareefa
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  jerseymom Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:47 pm

I totally get it Jessica. I agree that if you truly NEEDED the assistance and were scraping by just to afford the necessities that would be something different. You are comfortable and lucky to be able to stay at home and provide the wants for your kids. To use the system when it's not needed is to me wrong. I hope your mom finally gets to understanding that.

And (((((Missie))))))
jerseymom
jerseymom
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  sadler Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:27 pm

Thanks for everything ladies! I am good, I will survive!
sadler
sadler
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:37 pm

I think the problem is my mom's line of work. She helps people get on assistance people that make far more then her. They have their nails done new cars new cell phones ya know. I think in some way being surrounded by that makes you think hey I work my ass off get paid shit and then there are these people and they have more then I do and don't work KWIM?
Jessica
Jessica
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  sexyshareefa Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:40 pm

I can so feel ya on this subject.. THe girls i babysat for had a mother like that. it urks me to no end.

sexyshareefa
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  sadler Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:12 pm

I can understand that! People that abuse it tick me off! I am hoping to be off all assistance by the end of the year.
sadler
sadler
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:59 pm

Jessica i bet that does make a difference. It would be hard to see daily!!!

we just had an article in the apper about illegals frauding over 70k from my county in assistance. Talk about mad!!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum