Unified Moms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brings me to the questions....healthy yummy sides?

2 posters

Go down

Brings me to the questions....healthy yummy sides? Empty Brings me to the questions....healthy yummy sides?

Post  Admin Thu May 26, 2011 6:14 pm

Ok so I am picky and need to be healthy......
I am STUCK in a rut! I need some REALLY good healthy and or low cal, and or easy side recipes

all i ever make is pasta noodels, potatoes, and corn or green beans....
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://unifiedmoms.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Brings me to the questions....healthy yummy sides? Empty Re: Brings me to the questions....healthy yummy sides?

Post  ~julz~ Thu May 26, 2011 8:03 pm

I need more information, being picky is fine but what will you eat.

Do you like cabbage, brocolli, califlower, ???? What all veggies will you eat??
~julz~
~julz~

Back to top Go down

Brings me to the questions....healthy yummy sides? Empty Re: Brings me to the questions....healthy yummy sides?

Post  Admin Mon May 30, 2011 9:23 pm

haha none of hte above!!

green beans and corn

I love garlic and cheese (but cheese really isn't that good for you)

i love potatoes but again, not that good

i like a few fruite but not many, bananna, musk melon, apples, clemintines, strawberries......

yep that is it. I was raised on my dads food....sigh
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ~julz~ Tue May 31, 2011 8:14 am

make califlower to taste like potatoes, YES IT IS POSSIBLE!!!

Go out of your "picky" shell and try something new.

Spaghetti squash, cook it in the oven, then sautee it in butter infused with garlic, serve with a few sprinkles of parm cheese. You don't have to drown it in butter, just enough to coat it, parm cheese LITELY!!!

Not to be too mean here, but you eating picky and "being raised on your Dad's food" is doing the EXACT same thing to your girls!!! I now eat things I'd NEVER eat before, since raising my daughter to be a good eater was my intention, I don't allow her to know I don't like something. She won't eat peas, because Jeff puts a fuss about it. Yet if I put them in shepards pie, she'll eat them. They learn what they see
~julz~
~julz~

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 31, 2011 12:23 pm

oh no i dont do it to the girls
they eat everyitng, i make all veggies, and i put some on my plate and try it.
they have to try everything on their plate always...they consider dessert a yocrunch, yogurt, or applesauce and fruit.....
they are good eaters actually

but my palate won't allow it. I am VERY texture averse............
so they know i don't like most foods but they see me with it each time and they discover they like it and there is no problem, the request is more for my own palat, i am trying to retrain it to like stuff, but it isn't as easy as it sounds.....at all when it is a texture thing that causes reflexes and such....
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down