Unified Moms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nicole

3 posters

Go down

Nicole Empty Nicole

Post  ~julz~ Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:54 pm

How are the boys??? How's Jacob doing in hockey?
~julz~
~julz~

Back to top Go down

Nicole Empty Re: Nicole

Post  jerseymom Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:15 am

Hi Julz!

The boys are wonderful. Matthew turned 2 in October and OMGosh is the sweetest little boy! I remember Jacob being sweet too but Matthew just melts my heart. He's talking a ton now and making sentences. The teachers just love him at daycare. He's gotten a bit of the tantrums but he honestly could be a whole lot worse. We're dealing with sleeping issues with trying to get him to bed at the moment that are wearing me down and getting me frustrated but on the whole it's not bad.

Jacob is doing very well in school after a rough adjustment the first month or so (he even got into a fight!!) We had the conference with his teacher just before Thanksgiving and I was such a proud mama bear when she told me she wished all her conferences were going to go so well. She is very impressed with his reading skills and imagining and how he comes up with stories. He apparently is reading on 3rd grade level. He's in 1st grade. Hockey is going great. He's now on the Mighty Mites team for up to 8 yr olds I think and he's loving it. Practice on Fridays and games (usually 3 on 3) on Sundays at 7:45 am. We went out to buy him his own equipment and skates and were surprised at how much better his skating and control got once he was off the rentals and on sharper blades.

I have a ton of pics to share with you guys. Hopefully I can get to that on Sunday.
jerseymom
jerseymom
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  sexyshareefa Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:50 am

just curious... how much is travel where your at?

sexyshareefa
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  jerseymom Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:11 am

We arent' doing travel hockey yet. He's a Mighty Mite so he plays only on home ice. The broke all the kids into like 4 or 6 teams of 4 so they do little scrimmages really on cross-ice. I believe it is several hundred dollars though, not to mention the equipment. Expensive sport but he loves and if this is what he'll stick to then we'll encourage it. Is your little man traveling? I think Jacob will do that next session which I think starts in April.
jerseymom
jerseymom
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  sexyshareefa Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:27 pm

nooooooo we wre told we should have because they are ready ,but his coach told me the weekend before sign ups.. It's 800 bucks per kid!!!!Thats more than our house payment! so next year were going to do it.(we had to start saving for it now..lol) It will be dagans last year on 8 and under so I wanna get him traveling before he goes in with the big boys. he's my timid kid!
I got the kids equipment off ebay, and sold it or what I bought it for when they outgrew it , so it hasn't been to bad yet.

sexyshareefa
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  jerseymom Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:09 am

Yeah I think next session will be more expensive. Since we have Matthew following right behind and he likes to play with all the toy hockey things Jason's plan is to hang onto equipment so maybe he can use it. The good thing is he has a coworker whose kids played and he still has old stuff in the basement he'll give us.
jerseymom
jerseymom
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down