Unified Moms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really Bitter

3 posters

Go down

Really Bitter Empty Really Bitter

Post  sadler Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:33 pm

Bout things that are going on in my professional life... right now! I just dont think that it is fair! Why are we being punished for the office being closed?

Just a rant that I had to get off my chest... no need to reply!
sadler
sadler
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Really Bitter Empty Re: Really Bitter

Post  ~julz~ Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:49 pm

I don't think it's fair. Can you ask about working an additional day to make up the time??? Sadly, FLSA doesn't support it; they can't be charged for being jerks.
~julz~
~julz~

Back to top Go down

Post  sadler Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:50 pm

The thing that makes it so bad is I TRULY LOVE MY JOB! But as you know I have a household to support and I dont have the extra to make up for the loss of wages, so Im going to have to take it in vacation which is cutting into my maternity leave. The only I know to do at this point is to pray about it and hope that it all works out in the end. I know that I am at the right place of employment or God wouldnt of given me the second chance there. It is just hard... Do I lose the 6.5 hours this week or do I take vacation? It wasnt like I called in...
sadler
sadler
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  ~julz~ Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:55 pm

Can you afford to lose it???

I can tell you that Jeff was filling out his timesheet yesterday and said "I have 9.0 hours of pto time should I just go ahead and take it?" My answer to him is some money is better than no money for this week and I'd rather save the 9.0 hours for the week when we won't get any money.

My answer to you is if your getting something and it just means giving up the few extra dollars today verses not having anything after Avery gets here, I'd say leave it without pay and trust God will provide this week. But that's just me.
~julz~
~julz~

Back to top Go down

Post  sadler Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:10 pm

After I pay the rent that will leave me with 100.00 for the light bill which is 189.00 and my weekend plans. Im thinking that if I calculate my time with the extra hours that I put in and only take what will bring me to 34 hours than I can swing it. the thing is I have to turn in time sheets by 9am.
sadler
sadler
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  sexyshareefa Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:45 am

prayin for ya girl.. curious as how his bike business is going?

sexyshareefa
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  sadler Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:15 am

He has sold one and has 2 more for sale and 1 that he rides around on. He is suppose to put the other one together today for the advertisement part of it. I think that people are just really broke right now and the word just needs to get out.
sadler
sadler
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  ~julz~ Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:34 am

Craigslist and ebay!!!! I sold 2 things on ebay Sunday
~julz~
~julz~

Back to top Go down

Post  sadler Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:09 am

We have put them on Craiglist and was up there for over a week and we didnt get 1 call on them. I heard that ebay charges!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
sadler
sadler
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  sexyshareefa Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:07 pm

have him repost everyday. craigslist is hit or miss..I posted the house up months ago and am just now getting calls on it. perhaps he can advertise payment plans like layaway. people want to buy they just need a little help to do so. also have him get on other areas in florida and advertise on craigslist. do u live in a touristy area? maybe renting them to tourists would be a good thing.. maybe he could build or rent a little place near a tourist area like the beach on spring break or summer to rent them out... just a thought

sexyshareefa
Best of the Best
Best of the Best

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum